07 November 2009

Last Ride 09?

Well, no complaints today. November 7 and the weather was perfect for an afternoon outing. It was a real challenge to get out the door today, but I knew that I would regret it for many months to come if I didn't force myself.

I've come to realize that just as I am addicted to the rush of completing a challenging climb, I'm also addicted to the weary post-ride feeling. I really don't know why that's the case, but I guess the whole cycle has merit, and you can't have the ups without the downs.


Once again, massive tailwinds heading up Triphammer toward Lansing, and brutal headwinds on the return trip. It was a very hard slog as I headed up the rude 4% grade by Ridge Road Imports used car dealership, a hill that looks like nothing from afar, but when the tank is low-to-empty and the headwinds are around 15 mph, it's more than a bit discouraging.









Data:
Distance: 23.55 mi.
Time: 1 hr. 20 min.
Speed: 17.7 mph
Max speed: 32.6 mph
Vertical ascent 1218 ft.
Calories burned 1276

No comments: