16 March 2010

Healing Rays

This afternoon was beyond gorgeous. After a long winter and a series of gray, gloomy days, an afternoon ride in the sparkling sunshine is almost more than I can bear.

This was my first ride of the year on Turkey Hill Rd. and Ellis Hollow territory. A student today told me that his mom was crazy because she gets up some insane hour to ride up Quarry Rd. (the steepest section on the elevation profile). I tried to explain that folks of a certain age desperately need to do such things, but he'll just have to wait a while to really understand! Anyway, I took mom's advice and did the Quarry climb, which is the first time I've gone up that hill. It certainly won't be my last. It's not as challenging as Yellow Barn Rd. and Ringwood Rd. in Dryden, but it does get the heart pumping.








Stats:
Distance: 17.29 miles
Avg. speed: 17.6 mph
Vertical ascent: 1539 ft.
Calories burned: 1257 kcal
Max. speed: 37.1 mph
Time: 59:04

Lansing, Turkey Hill, Quarry Rd Loop


Map your trip with EveryTrail

No comments: