30 June 2011

April 2011 Summary

Though I didn't write in my blog for the last three months, I did microblog about cycling on Facebook and Twitter. Here's a summary of April activities:

In April I started a weekly family bike ride, which heads out on Saturdays at 10:30 from our house. This has been loads of fun for all, the kids all get along nicely with each other, and it's hard to beat the snack options at the Farmers Market.


My friend Bruce joined me for part of this ride. Warmer days meant longer rides and hillier terrain.


I was so eager to get back to the Tuesday Night Races. No one else showed up, so I rode through some pretty intense conditions. 

Still working on form after a long winter.
We participated in the annual cleanup of the Waterfront Trail. We're loving the Phase 3 section of the trail between the Farmers Market and Stewart Park, and were happy to help.

Who knew that bladed spokes could cause a bike to be so unstable? I really thought that I'd be pushed right off the bike at the crest of Snyder Hill Rd.

I naively thought that the cold, rainy days would soon be over...

Longest ride of the year to this point.

No comments: