18 October 2009

Ten years old


When I was ten, I was back in the U.S., living in Endwell, NY, a sleepy suburb of Endicott, birthplace of IBM. I have such vivid memories of setting up races up and down our hilly streets. Helmets weren't even considered at this time, and I probably terrorized many drivers as we zoomed around. Mostly my friends Ron and Ted raced around the block and then did stunts in the Catholic church parking lot. We were really into skidding out and popping wheelies, but I remember that I was always most interest in going as fast as I could.

I have no recollection about what kind of bike I had. I do remember that Ron had the coolest bike, and that I was very jealous. It looked something like the photo.

I grew up without religion, and recall one time that Ted and Ron dared me to go in to the church and go to confessional. I was very reluctant, but I confessed to ten years of bad deeds, as well as never having gone to confessional. The priest must have been a bit confused.

No comments: