12 May 2010

Motivation on a Grumpy Day

The combination of a miserable work day and the unseasonable weather (once again a grim, gray, rainy mid 40s day) had me wanting to crawl under a rock after work. A year ago I probably would have laid low, but the more I ride, the more I need to ride and push myself in spite of all obstacles, perceived and real. Part of the reason probably is that every time I push myself out the door, the end results are so positive that I just know it will be worth it.

Today's ride was yet another case in point, a slog up to Lansing and toward Dryden, followed by an upbeat, blistering pace through Freeville and back on Rt. 13 past the airport, then back down Oakcrest, Cayuga Heights Rd., Sunset and Remington. Halfway through the ride, the heavy gray clouds started to slowly separate, finally revealing some hopeful patches of blue. This was such a restorative training ride, and a mighty fine loop worth revisiting.



Stats:
Distance: 32.55 miles
Avg. speed: 19 mph
Vertical ascent: 1679 ft.
Calories burned: 2279 kcal
Max. speed: 33.9 mph
Time: 1:42:55

No comments: