16 April 2010

Improved Roundabout Commute


Day one of the revised roundabout commute, a.k.a. morning training ride. I had been taking Cascadilla Park Rd., the prettiest street in Ithaca, then up through the cemetery  and through the Cornell campus to Pleasant Grove, then to Community Corners, Hanshaw to Warren, then down Dart, Oakcrest, and finally Remington to the high school, but there were two problems with this route:
  1. The climb through campus after the climb up Cascadilla was just a bit more than I wanted to tackle first thing.
  2. There's significant traffic on campus that slow me down.
So as you can see by the map, I altered my route and avoided campus altogether. The ride through Cayuga Heights is much more chill, the climbs are more humanely distributed, and the overall distance and vertical ascent are almost identical. 

Looking forward to the Tuesday night competitive ride and the Hollenbeck's Spring Classic Road Race is only two weeks away! Hopefully I can ride the course on a training ride next weekend.


Stats:
Distance: 9.97 miles
Avg. speed: 18.1 mph
Vertical ascent: 764 ft.

No comments: