13 April 2010

Tuesday Night Competitive Ride: A New Chapter

What have I been waiting for? I've never done a competitive group ride in the area, and honestly, I think I've avoided participating for fear of completely humiliating myself. Pathetic, yes, but at least I'm being honest. So I headed up to East Hill and joined a very nice bunch of people for the unaffiliated Tuesday Night Competitive Ride.


For the first ten minutes I was all nerves, but when I realized that I could hold my own with the group, I had more fun than I could have imagined having on a group ride. The best part was the return trip and the climb up Snyder Hill Rd. It was hard to believe how fresh my legs felt right to the end, and now I'm hooked and flying high, looking forward with great anticipation to next week's ride and perhaps even racing in the Hollenbecks Spring Classic in Virgil. This could be the start of something great...

No comments: