20 April 2010

Tuesday Night Race

Damn, that felt good! Feeling kinda twitchy tonight. My first time racing (albeit unofficially), and while I certainly made some rookie mistakes (early attack where I paid the price), this was more fun than should be allowed. Nice bunch of folks, too. Got dropped on Coddington on the first lap and just couldn't quite catch back up. Sure is hard to catch a paceline, but I learned my lesson on the second, more civilized, lap. I was able to keep with the paceline all the way around and felt more energized at the end than I did halfway through. Now I'm certainly looking forward to Hollenbeck's Classic on May 2nd. Whatever happens, I don't care now. If I get dropped, I'll just ride my best pace.




Stats:
Distance: 30.32 miles
Avg. speed: 20.4 mph
Vertical ascent: 1613 ft.
Calories burned: 2154 kcal
Max. speed: 40.7 mph
Time: 1:29:02

No comments: