29 April 2010

Three Days to Hollenbeck's, Feeling Great!

Great training rides today in anticipation of Hollenbeck's Spring Classic Road Race on Sunday. My average speeds continue to go up, thanks to less wreckless climbing. I've had a tendency to stand a bit too much on the climbs, and the Tuesday night informal races have been quite useful in helping me to improve my technique. When you study a number of strong riders ahead of you, it's hard not to analyze individual styles and learn from others.

My after-school ride up to Lansing and returning via Gulf and Conlon gave me almost exactly the distance and the vertical ascent of Sunday's race, and in spite of some brisk winds, I managed to average 20.4, a personal best for that loop.

Two more training rides before Sunday...can't wait!

No comments: